E3 Washington integrates three systems – education, environment, and economy – and asks, “How can education help achieve a healthy, prosperous, and sustainable future for all?”
The result is a dynamic approach that invites bold, action-oriented participation.
Our E3 Story: From 2006 through 2008, thousands of people across Washington came together in the unique E3 process. They built upon our state’s rich history of innovations in education, business, and policy, and created a common vision for the future.
What is Education for Sustainable Communities?
A system of lifelong learning in and out of the classroom for all students, which develops the whole person to thrive and give back, and produces residents with the academic foundation and skills to support prosperous economies, the wise use of natural resources, and a brighter future for all.
Learn more through the links below, then
join the E3 Network to help create the future.
- 1E3 Plan Summary – Executive summary of vision, goals, strategies, and process of the E3 Washington Comprehensive Plan
- 2E3 Comprehensive Plan – Education for Sustainable Communities
- 3E3 Leadership – E3 Steering Committee, other volunteer leaders, and staff
- 4E3 Communities – E3 members collaborating about common interests, regions, and goals
- 5EEAW – E3’s sponsoring organization, the Environmental Education Association of Washington