The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History will host a photo art exhibit that invites members of the community to share their photographic talent and eye for everything that is Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEaM). The “Atomic STEaM Photography Show” exhibition will open on November 8, 2014, and will display photography ranging from the literal engineering feats of the Great Wall of China and the Great Pyramid of Giza, to the abstract interpretation of science as seen through a plant experiencing photosynthesis. Though all photographs must relate in some way to the overall theme of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics, they are open to interpretation by the photographer.
Any individual, from a professional photographer to a student with a camera phone, may submit a photograph to this competition/exhibition with the hope to not only win a cash prize but to also have their work on display in a nationally accredited, Smithsonian affiliated museum. All winning entries will debut at the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History from November 8, 2014, through January 4, 2015.
- 1st Place Award - $500 Cash Prize
- 2nd Place Award - $250 Cash Prize
- 3rd Place Award - $150 Cash Prize
- Three Honorable Mention Awards - $50 Cash Prizes
- Entry Deadline: August 29
- Notification of Acceptance: October 10
- Photos Delivered to Museum: October 24
- Exhibit Opening: November 8
- Exhibit Closes: January 4, 2015
Each entry fee is $15, and there is no limit to the amount of entries an individual can submit.