Earth Force & General Motors Foundation - Nominate the Next Chevrolet GREEN Educator Award Winner
5/14/2012 to 6/30/2012
Nominate the Next Chevrolet GREEN Educator Award Winner
Earth Force and the General Motors Foundation are looking for inspirational educators who engage youth in innovative and interactive environmental learning! We need your help to recognize educators who have gone above and beyond standard educational practices in the classroom, their schools, and their communities.
Ten educators from across the United States will be chosen to receive this prestigious award. You may nominate yourself or a "GREEN" educator who exemplifies the criteria listed below. The nomination period closes June 30, 2012, and winners will be announced on September 1, 2012.
The Award recognizes educators who:
- Encourage youth to lead their own learning
- Support learning beyond the classroom to improve their communities
- Create and sustain local partnerships that connect young people to their communities
- Are formal or informal educators who use their professional expertise to mentor youth
- Encourage others to teach about the environment
A GREEN Educator may work in a formal or informal education setting. Self-nominations are encouraged! Visit www.greeneducator.org for more information!More Events