Triangle Associates Inc - Classroom Presenter/Environmental Educator
Job Openings: Classroom Presenter/Environmental Educator
Triangle Associates Inc, a small environmental consulting firm, is looking for two dependable and enthusiastic educators to present classroom programs for grades 1-12 starting in September 2012 through June 2013. Presenters will travel from classroom to classroom within a school presenting 45-60 minute lessons. The work for one position will be primarily in Snohomish County and the other primarily in King County although the opportunity exists for overlap.
We are seeking candidates looking for a position with a flexible schedule and interested in presenting anywhere from 2-5 days/week. Experienced candidates who are able to take on additional responsibilities such as lesson development, school project support, and other tasks may be considered for a permanent, benefited 10-month or year round position.
- Experience working with students ages 6-18 (teaching in a classroom setting preferred).
- Excellent classroom management skills and ability to work under pressure in a school setting.
- Voice projection, improvisational skills, and know-how to present information in an engaging and hands-on manner.
- Able to adapt teaching style for various ages and learning styles.
- Basic background knowledge of and interest in learning more about environmental issues such as water conservation, watershed protection, renewable energy, recycling, and waste reduction (helpful but not required).
- Creativity and energy with students!
- A reliable car, valid Washington State driver’s license, clean driving record, and auto insurance covering bodily injury and property damage.
- Presenter must be available to work during school hours (between 7 AM and 4 PM).
- Ability to check email daily.
- Periodically visit downtown office for switching materials and meeting with project managers.
- Ability to carry props and workshop materials.
- $15-$17 per hour, depending on experience.
- Travel time and mileage at the IRS-approved rate reimbursed if car is required. (Note: Car is not required for general meetings in downtown Seattle.)
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 206-382-0669. Triangle is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.