Woodland Park Zoo - Administrative Assistant
6/17/2012 to 6/25/2012
This is your opportunity to join the dynamic Field Conservation team at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. Applications are now being accepted for Administrative Assistant in the Tree Kangaroo Conservation Program department. There is one part-time, temporary, non-benefited position to be filled at this time. The pay rate is $16.00 per hour.
Provides program assistance and administrative support to the Tree Kangaroo Conservation Program within the Field Conservation Department of Woodland Park Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts bookkeeping/accounting activities including but not limited to revenue/expense coding and tracking, payment process initiation, and compilation of financial reporting data for the Tree Kangaroo Conservation Program (TKCP), in coordination with Finance and Development departments.
- Manages departmental files, budget documents or other materials (electronic and otherwise) essential for the administrative operations of TKCP.
- Assist with annual project audit.
- Assist with grant proposal submissions.
- Assist with management and tracking of donors and supporters.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Make travel arrangements for TKCP staff;
- Proof and edit written program communication and grant proposals;
- Prepare thank you cards and letters for program donors; and
- Assist with calendar and logistical arrangements for TKCP meetings in Seattle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be effective working both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests, and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with grants management, bookkeeping, tracking expenses against a budget, and management of financial records strongly preferred. Writing and editing experience is also desired.
Advanced skills and experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook), database management, and Internet research.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 25, 2012
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.More Jobs