Grants, Scholarships, Contests & Awards
Organization: Bow Seat- Ocean Awareness Programs
"Climate change is the biggest issue of your lifetime. Your whole life will be lived as the impacts of global climate change are taking place. Our Contest is a call for young artists, thinkers, and activists who are concerned about the future of our human and natural communities to use their creative voices to explore, express, and advocate for issues related to climate change and our oceans."
Due Date: Monday, June 18, 2018, 12:00am
- The 2018 Ocean Awareness Student Contest opened for submissions on September 18, 2017. All submissions must be received by Monday, June 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) to be considered in the 2018 Contest. The online platform will close automatically at the Contest deadline. Please plan accordingly!
Who May Enter
- This is an international Contest and is open to students in middle school or high school worldwide.
- Students age 11-14 (before the deadline June 18, 2018) may enter the Junior Division. Students age 15-18 (before the deadline June 18, 2018) may enter the Senior Division.
- Participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or legal guardian complete consent form and upload it as part of their submission.
- Entries may be submitted by an individual or group of unlimited size. If you submit as a group, there must be one group leader who will serve as the contact person for the group. All of the names of the group members must be listed in the submission. Award money will be split among the group members.
- Any student may submit (i.e., have their name included in) only one entry per category. Therefore, a student may have a maximum of five different submissions, one in each category.
World Oceans Day: Keep our Oceans Blue
June 8th, 2018
World Oceans Day is a global day of ocean celebration and collaboration for a better future. This site serves as a central coordinating platform for World Oceans Day, with free resources and ideas for everyone – no matter where you live – to help expand the reach and impact of World Oceans Day on June 8 and year-round.
Conservation action focus for World Oceans Day 2018:
Encouraging solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine litter for a healthier ocean and a better future
To learn more, visit: Worlds Ocean Day
Or watch their short video here: Celebrate Worlds Ocean Day.