Garden Educator Workshop Spring Seminar 3: Eat
Hosted by Tilth Alliance @ Good Shepherd Center, Room 107
Save $20 by registering for all three Spring Seminars! The dates are March 25, April 29 and May 20. To receive the discounted rate, purchase an individual ticket of $250 ($225 for members) on the first day – you will be automatically registered for all three seminars.
Immerse yourself in outdoor teaching techniques and schoolyard gardening! Learn how to grow an effective and robust schoolyard garden program.
Garden Educator Workshop: Spring Seminar 3: Eat
Seminar 3 wraps up the series to help teachers, parents and garden volunteers prepare to manage their gardens during the summer at the height of the growing season – an important part of year-round garden planning, especially for schools. Explore diverse ways of learning and taste the fruits of your labor!
Seminar participants will:
· explore multiple models for summer garden management
· learn what to plant and how to sustain production for the beginning of the next school year
· harvest and prepare a simple garden meal to share with one another
· practice how to lead basic cooking activities with students
· experience hands-on lessons about insects and the garden ecosystem
· discuss Integrated Pest Management practices
· learn ways to measure what and how much students are learning in the garden
In the garden, we will tend and harvest plants that were started in Seminars 1 and 2, learn different harvesting techniques and explore watering methods. This session is a great way to wrap up the three-part series and incorporate what you've learned into a vision of success for your garden and students.
Hands-on, outdoor garden education is part of every seminar. Come dressed for the weather and prepared to have fun and get a little dirty!
We highly encourage teams of two or more people from a school or garden project to attend this workshop to strengthen your garden program. Teachers receive clock hours in this fun and rewarding workshop. Clock hours are included in the cost of the Workshop.
Register by clicking on the link below, or you may register by paper and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (206) 633-0450 or mail to 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98103.
Hosted By: Tilth Alliance
- Phone: (206) 633-0451