This year instead of the Spring Social, Chehalis-Douglas Land Trust is holding a new event - keeping much of what we loved about the Spring Social but making it more convenient and fun! The new event is called Wild Ideas.
Please join us for Wild Ideas, a fun, free event at Pybus Event Center featuring:
- beer & wine available for $5 (cash only), non-alcoholic drinks and finger foods (free!),
- three short, inspiring 5-minute talks about how we share our land with wildlife from local experts,
- and an update on exciting new Land Trust projects!
Catch up with friends and meet new people interested in our land, water and trails. Beer from Wenatchee Valley Brewing and wine will be available for purchase for $5 (cash only), and light appetizers and snacks will be provided by the Land Trust, Pybus vendors, and Land Trust members.
After a beverage and some good conversation, we'll hear three short, fun, 5-minute talks on different aspects of sharing our land with wildlife, including:
- Identifying snakes - including how to keep both you and the snakes safe (Neal Hedges, CDLT Stewardship Director),
- Helping some of the last remaining sage grouse in Washington survive and thrive by changing land practices (Lisa Dowling, Sage Grouse Initiative),
- Designing trails to keep both wildlife and people happy (from David Visser, CDLT Board Member & Land Committee Member)
Then, you'll hear from Land Trust Executive Director Curt Soper about some exciting projects coming up in 2018!
Whether you're a long-time Land Trust member or just want to hear more, come join us for Wild Ideas. Afterwards, grab dinner in Pybus Market and check out the Friday night music!
RSVPs appreciated but not required. RSVP either online or by calling (509) 667-9708.