Education Program Manager
Nature Vision is a non-profit environmental education organization that fosters appreciation and stewardship of our environment by educating and connecting community to the world around us. We envision an inspired and connected culture where everyone makes choices for a sustainable future. Nature Vision brings place based, experiential nature programming directly to schools and local greenspaces to ensure that all students receive quality nature connections. We serve over 70,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students each year in King and Snohomish Counties.
Our programming supports the Washington State K-12 Learning Standards and STEM Education and can be easily integrated into schools. Many of our lessons set conceptual foundations and repeat visits help connect one lesson with another. Nature Vision facilitates student access to nature and scientific concepts, thus developing a deep-rooted student interest in making the natural world a necessary and integrated part of daily life.
At Nature Vision, we value:
- The natural world
- Empowerment through stewardship education and practices
- Diversity of staff, partners, and the communities we reach
- Creativity and collaboration within our staff, programs, and partnerships
- Integrity through best business and teaching practices
Scientifically accurate program content
Having fun and being safe while learning
We are looking for an Education Program Manager to lead our vibrant team of educators. The Education Program Manager supervises program staff, ensures high quality programs through training and mentorship, and manages key projects. This person will also do some teaching in classrooms and the field to best understand our programming, teacher needs, and the unique nature of outreach education. They will help to ensure that Nature Vision is fully meeting our mission and goals of the current strategic plan with our team.
We are seeking a dynamic leader with a high level of creativity, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. This person will thrive working with a diverse team, students, and our partners. They will have strong interpersonal skills, and take joy in facilitating learning and mentoring educators. They will also have an interest in taking Nature Vision’s work to the next level while continuing the high quality of our current programming. Our curriculum reaches many diverse students in our region and the Education Program Manager must have a keen eye for training staff in culturally responsive curriculum so our programs can be relevant to all students. This person reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with other NV leaders.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Manage and train a team of 6-10 full time and part time educators
· Assist with hiring new educators
· Manage and teach programs for schools
· Coordinate and facilitate stewardship teams
· Assist with Nature Vision Preschool team curriculum
· Develop new curriculum and revise existing curriculum as needed
· Manage program evaluations and other staff projects
· Assist with contract management and reporting as needed
· Assist with limited Executive Director duties when away
· Represent or speak at workshops, conferences, or panels on Nature Vision’s behalf
· Maintain and create new community partnerships
· Direct summer day camp programs (summer work shifts to mainly day camps)
· Other duties as assigned
Salary: $49,920 Annually, full-time approximately 40 hours per week. 80 hours paid vacation, 80 hours paid holidays, and ~52 hours sick time (1 hour for every 40 hours worked). Mileage paid at Federal rates for travel to school program sites.
Start Date: 9/4/18
Bachelor’s degree and experience in education, interpretation, science, or related field required. Combination of education and experience in developing and managing education projects and programs; managing, training and evaluating staff; experience teaching in classrooms and in the field with students of various ages. Master’s degree in education or a related field preferred.
Special Requirements: Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and own insurance-covered vehicle. Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume as one .pdf attachment to Ginny Sanchez Ballard, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13 at 5 pm.